Bonfire Recruitment is currently working closely with Hewland Engineering to recruit an experienced Production Supervisor.
Hewland Engineering provides bespoke transmission solutions to come of the world’s leading motorsport companies, vehicles and series, including DTM, GT500, F2, GP3, GT, LMP, Rally and Formula E market segments. In addition to complete solutions, Hewland promotes its precision-engineering capabilities in aviation, OEM road-car, and Formula 1, while specialising in advanced research and development consultancy services to the electric vehicle sector.
- Record absences from sickness or holiday and inform HR and Production Manager on a daily basis.
- Identify any Health and Safety concerns. Seek immediate action or raise ‘Think Safe’ forms as appropriate
- Confirm intended shift cover is present on the machines & report any maintenance issues threatening production.
- Check correct use of Seiki for bookings and machine status, and monitor resource adherence to Seiki work-to-lists.
- Conduct Level 1 disciplinary proceedings for minor conduct or performance issues.
- Complete daily sheets for each work centre, tracking progress and ensuring supply of work.
- Identify any disruption to smooth production and seek to resolve with Production Engineering or Design as required.
- Communicate clearly with Production Management, Planning and Scheduling.
- Attend relevant production meetings and communicate shop floor knowledge.
- Help Production Manager establish overtime requirement and communicate this with the shop floor.
- Ensure NCRs are raised as required, and Yellow Feedback Forms are used to identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by educating and directing staff in line with company procedures.
- 3-5 Years relevant production experience.
- Ability to coordinate shop floor personnel, create shift plans, maximise output and deliver the schedule.
- Rounded understanding of manufacturing methods, and an ability to resolve problems in production.
- Possess a desire to continually improve and develop processes to ensure quality and optimise delivery.
- Good communication skills with ability to work within and promote a team environment.
- Awareness of Health and Safety requirements.
- Experience of a high quality Manufacturing environment.
- Experience of 5S implementation.
Your application will be visible to the hiring manager within Hewland Engineering to review via the Bonfire Client Portal. If successful, Hewland Engineering will approach you directly to arrange interviews. Due to the high volume of applications we will not be able to notify unsuccessful candidates.
Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity.
Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral