Bonfire Recruitment is currently working closely with GA Engineering based in Dundee to recruit an experienced Manufacturing Engineer.
GA Engineering, part of Pryme Group, is one of the UK’s leading sub-contract manufacturers, GA Scotland continues to increase capacity, improve facilities and rise to new challenges. By offering the latest manufacturing techniques allied to the finest craftsmanship, they now service a very diverse and growing customer base. Enjoy being part of this expanding business who take pride in their quality.
The role :
- Participate in contract review process, taking responsibility for technical requirement.
- Ensure Tooling, Fixturing, Work Holding and Programs are available when required by production. (Excluding items available through vending as this is the vending suppliers responsibility)
- Liaise with Operations Manager / Machine Shop Supervisor to ensure production runs smoothly with minimum interruption to machines.
- Create, prove out and control CNC Programming information supplied to machine components as per Client Drawings.
- Drive the implementation of Edge Cam within the business.
- Carry out Method Improvements and CI led activities
- Prepare CNC programmes which meet customer specifications.
- Evaluate the manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of programming, tooling, and materials while conferring with operators.
- Develop manufacturing processes by studying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods.
- Improve manufacturing efficiency by analysing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Support setup and run CNC machines to ensure customer specification and dimensions are achieved, prove out and run machines when required.
- Provide manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Manufacture components as per customers drawings and quality requirements.
- Assist other production employees when required.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Provide manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs, reviewing production schedules, estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- As a manufacturing engineer, you will have a high level of technical expertise and skill, which you’ll use to plan, design, set up, modify, optimise and monitor manufacturing processes.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing industry.
- Design jigs & fixtures to enable cost effective and efficient manufacturing processes.
- Understand the requirements of AS9100 quality system and the effect on manufacturing solutions.
- The above list of responsibilities is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks as may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post
- CNC Trained
- Good Man Management Skills
- Excellent process and product knowledge
- Health and Safety compliant
- Ability to develop improved Manufacturing methods
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to use initiative and work under pressure
- Knowledge of a range of engineering functions and procedures
- A practical and logical approach to problem-solving
- Interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Organisation and time management skills
- Project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Commercial awareness
- CAD/CAM experience
Your application will be visible to the hiring manager within GA Engineering to review via the Bonfire Client Portal. If successful, GA Engineering will approach you directly to arrange interviews. Due to the high volume of applications we will not be able to notify unsuccessful candidates.
Bonfire Recruitment or our client are not seeking or accepting unsolicited assistance from search and selection firms or employment agencies for this employment opportunity.
Please, do not contact any of our employees by phone, email or otherwise about this position. Any resume submitted by a search and selection firm or employment agency for a position to any client employee via email, social media or any other means without the existence of a valid written search firm agreement for this position will be deemed deemed the sole property of the Company. The Company (our client) will not be obligated to pay any cost or fee in the event it offers employment to or hires a candidate that came to its attention through such unsolicited referral.